Due to our continuing growth we are currently seeking a Controller in our Accounting Department. The Controller is a valuable member of the team who will have the opportunity to contribute to the Company’s growth in a rewarding environment that provides for professional development and personal growth.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and assume responsibility for all financial accounting functions of the company
- Timely production of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Oversee the reconciliation of all ledgers, subledgers and accounting records
- Continually assess and implement process improvements
- Lead the budgeting process
- Financial modeling and due diligence for potential acquisitions
- Liaison with outside accountants
- Monitor and improve internal controls
Requirements & Abilities:
- Certified Public Accountant designation
- A minimum of 7 years’ accounting experience, a portion of which should be in a supervisory role.
- Responsible for managing the financial reporting process including monthly financial statements, annual investor reporting packages, budgets and forecasts.
- Manage quarterly tax projections and year-end tax preparation processes, including detailed review of tax filings prepared by external accountants
- Participate in the due diligence process related to the acquisition of assets and/or new lines of business
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Respond and communicate effectively with Ownership, Vice President and CFO
- Maintain, monitor and improve the company’s financial procedures and processes, including implementation of new technologies to drive efficiency
- Efficiently multitask in a fast paced environment where priorities may change
- Ability and willingness to provide mentoring to a highly motivated staff
- Effective communication with staff, co-workers and external professionals
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel. Experience with spreadsheet server is a plus.
Glazer Properties offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including:
- Salary of up to $135,000
- Medical & prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid holidays